Thursday, July 19, 2007

Join Me For BlogHer Second Life

BlogHer '07 in Second Life's schedule is posted. You don't have to be in Chicago for BlogHer to attend online! (Although I will be live in Chicago at BlogHer while presenting in Second Life.)

I just offered a couple of weeks ago to speak at BlogHer. They were already full for the politics track, but they invited me to be a "speaker" online in their Second Life community simulation instead. Not knowing what to expect, but assuming I could figure it out as I go along, I said "sure" - why not?

I think if I wasn't someone who had prior experience with computer games, it might make me uneasy at first, but Second Life is a really cool program and the instructions are very simple. I've only made it through the beginning of Orientation Island (no time!) and I'm already having fun. The only problem with Second Life is it takes a lot of time to participate and it sucks up a lot of processor power, so if you have a laptop like me, multitasking is challenging while running the Second Life app. When I set it up for its test run, it was too slow to get much accomplished thus my as of yet incomplete Orientation.

So I expect to spend some time this weekend finding my way through Second Life to BlogHer. My avatar, Sairy Bailey, will be speaking at 1:30 CDT next Saturday, July 28th about politics online, campaigns in Second Life and how blogs and social networks come into play with campaigns, particularly on the national level. Join me... it's free, and if you're not a woman, no one ever has to know! Anyone can be a "Her" in Second Life.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home