Wednesday, August 01, 2007

John Edwards in Palo Alto Last Night and in SF Today

I've now had the opportunity to see Elizabeth Edwards twice including last week at BlogHer and last fall with the Silicon Valley Moms Blog in a small group, so I was eager to go as my husband's guest to see John Edwards speak last night at a gathering in Palo Alto. (Disclaimer: Chuck gets the contribution credit for anything for John Edwards; I get it for Hillary Clinton and it's likely we'll end up voting accordingly, but we both see things we like in both candidates and we will both work hard to get either one elected next November.)

My friend and co-blogger from the Silicon Valley Moms Blog, Glennia Campbell, has a fabulous post about the event at her blog, The Silent I, so I don't feel the need to expound upon the event much more myself except to say that Edwards began by talking about the environment and he continued making references to it all throughout his talk and the Q&A. Given what I know about the crowd that attended, I think Edwards is really targeting the environmental vote, and he's smart to do so. His environmental policy isn't the most aggressive of all of the Democratic candidates, although he won the MoveOn poll - Richardson's is - but it's out in front with his passion about poverty issues.

I just heard from a friend who attended the Edwards event in San Francisco with 800 people and another small group event that both went well. For those who say he's falling behind in this or that poll, I wouldn't count Edwards out yet. We still have six months until the primaries. A lot can happen.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home