Saturday, July 04, 2009

July 4th Patriotic Song List

In honor of the celebration of our Independence Day, I put together as many patriotic tunes as I could find for an iTunes mix. Many didn't make the cut, but I selected my favorites that fit together in the most celebratory arrangement I could work out for a July 4th cd mix, song list here (downloadable on iTunes as an iMix called "Sairy's July 4 CD Mix":

"Star Spangled Banner" performed by The U.S. Military Bands
"Battle Hymn of the Republic" sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters
"Born in the U.S.A." by Bruce Springstein
"Our Country" by John Mellencamp
"American Pie" by Don McLean
"America, the Beautiful" sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
"America" by Neil Diamond
"This Land is Your Land" by Woodie Guthrie
"The Star-Spangled Banner" sung by Jennifer Hudson
"My Country! 'Tis of Thee" sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
"America" by Simon & Garfunkel
"R.O.C.K. In the U.S.A." by John Mellencamp
"Only in America" by Brooks & Dunn
"U.S. Blues" by the Grateful Dead
"Yankee Doodle Dandy" performed by The Hollywood Studio Orchestra & Chorus
"When The Saints Go Marchin' In" performed by The Dukes of Dixieland
"Strike Up the Band" arranged & performed by the Boston Pops Orchestra

Happy Fourth of July!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I gotta go myself with "Star-Spangled Banner" by Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock.

 
At 8:03 PM , Blogger Sarah Granger said...

I know it's a classic, but I prefer vocals.

 
At 1:16 PM , Anonymous Teriss said...

The best gift came from Sarah Palin's resignation, tar spangled banner and all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home